LIGO Document T080184-v2
- Discussion of a custom color coded materials database for use in mechanical models produced using SolidWorks. Instructions for using the mechanical database are included.
- Modified instructions so that the standard SolidWorks material database can still be used.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING ADDENDUM IS REQUIRED ALONG WITH T0801084, LIGO Specific Materials & Color Code System
* do not follow step 5 on page 4 (if you did please undo step 5 on page 4)
* following step 1 above will give you access to both SW (open) and LIGO (read-only) materials
* then if you want to make a custom material
* select the material from the SW list and copy it
* paste it into a new or existing category in a new or existing library
* if you select from the LIGO list you will get an error as the LIGO list is read only
* remember to save the new custom material (when you do you will see a warning about the LIGO list not updating, but that is ok)
DCC Version 3.3.0, contact
Document Database Administrators