LIGO Document P070030-x0
- The construction of optimal template banks for matched-filtering searches is an example of the sphere covering problem. For parameter spaces with constant-coefficient metrics a (near-) optimal template bank is achieved by the A*n lattice, which is the best lattice covering in dimensions n ≤ 5, and is close to the best covering known for dimensions n ≤ 16. Generally, this provides a substantially more efficient covering than the simpler hyper-cubic lattice. We present an algorithm for generating lattice template banks for constant-coefficient metrics and we illustrate its implementation by generating A*n template banks in n = 2, 3, 4 dimensions.
- Full document number: LIGO-P070030-00-Z
- Author(s): R. Prix
- Document date: 2007-04-10
- Document received date: 2007-04-10
- Document entry date: 2007-04-10
- Published in Class Quant Grav vol. 24 pg. S481-S490.
DCC Version 3.4.1, contact
Document Database Administrators