LIGO Document G1400537-v1
- The force range and force noise of the ESD are considered for three modes of operation:
1) Maximum range - bias voltage is at maximum, a half-max force offset is used to get bipolar operation
2) Reduced bias – same as max range mode, but with a smaller bias to reduce noise.
3) No control voltage offset – the control voltage offset is turned off to reduce noise. Bias is at maximum.
Mode 3 is equivalent dropping the bias by sqrt(2) in mode 2, in terms of range and noise. No need to add infrastructure to the ESD Simulink diagram to accommodate mode 3. It can already handle Mode 2 as is.
- G1400537-v1 (G1400537 - ESD_Noise_Estimate.pdf, 760.1 kB)
- Other Files:
- G1400537-v1 (G1400537 - ESD_Noise_Estimate.pptx, 1.7 MB)
DCC Version 3.4.1, contact
Document Database Administrators